The prestigious business-magazine Forbes, famous for its richest people of the world ratings, suddenly decided to digress from the boring economic reviews. The recent issue of the weekly magazine pleases the readers with the detailed story on the benefits of active sex life. The journalists have consolidated the results of ten independent studies in this area and prepared a peculiar recipe of sexual wellbeing. So what are the benefits of sex?
1. The lifespan increases. The specialists from Queen’s University Belfast have conducted a research, in which they have traced the dependency of overall state of health on the regularity of sexual intercourse literotica. The scientists have analyzed the mortality data among approximately 1,000 middle-aged men over a period of ten years. It turned out that men who had the most orgasms had the mortality rate of half as low as those men who did not have sex at all.
2. The sense of smell improves. The production of hormone prolactin increases right after sex. Prolactin provides the body with sexual gratification after sexual intercourse. It counteracts the effect of dopamine, which is responsible for sexual arousal. The release of this hormone triggers the stem cells of the brain to form new neurons in the olfactory center.
3. The risk of heart diseases reduces. After the research conducted by the Queen’s University Belfast, the scientists concentrated their efforts on the cardiovascular system. They found out that for men who have sex three times a week or more the possibility of heart attack and stroke drops in half.
4. You lose weight and your overall health improves. Sex is also a physical exercise. One passionate sexual intercourse burns 200 calories – the same amount as 15 minutes of running track or playing a game of tennis. A sexually aroused person’s pulse increases from 70 to 150 beats per minute, which would be the same for a sportsman putting in his maximum effort. Besides, the muscle contractions during the sexual intercourse work out pelvis, hips, buttocks, hands and chest. Having sex also increases the testosterone production, which leads to strengthening of your bones and muscles.
5. The depression level decreases. This is the result of a study conducted among 293 women. The American psychologist Gordon Gallup found out that women who are sexually active and whose sexual partners did not use condoms during intercourse were less subject to depression than women whose partners used condoms. One of the possible explanations of such dependence has to do with prostaglandin, a hormone contained in semen, which gets into female genital tracts thus regulating the production of female hormones.
6. Pain relief. Right before the orgasm, the level of hormone oxytocin also known as the “cuddle hormone” increases by five times compared to its usual level. This in turn triggers the formation of endorphins, which have a sedative or pain-relieving effect on any type of ache, starting from headache and going up to arthritis and even migraine. For women, having sex also leads to the production of estrogen, the primary female sex hormone, which can suppress pains related to premenstrual period.
7. The risk of flu or cold decreases. University of Pennsylvania has conducted a research, according to the results of which people who have sex once or twice a week have 30% more antibodies called immunoglobulin A, compared to those who have sex less. These antibodies are famous for strengthening the immune system.
8. The bladder condition improves. Have you ever heard about doctor Kegel’s exercises for the genitals’ muscles? We perform these exercises without even realizing it every time when we stop the urination. They are known to increase bladder and bowel control and improve sexual function. These same muscles are worked out during sexual intercourse.
9. The teeth condition improves. Seminal plasma contains zinc, calcium, and other minerals which have been proven to slow down the destruction of teeth. This method might be more effective and definitely more pleasant than the traditional toothpaste and toothbrush, wouldn’t you agree? By the way, scientists have discovered that hygiene rules require brushing your teeth before and after sexual intercourse, which in itself already contributes to maintaining your teeth in good health.
10. Healthy prostate gland. Some urologists believe that there is a connection between the frequency of ejaculation and prostate cancer development. This argument is based on the following: in order to produce the seminal fluid, the prostate gland and seminal vesicles take substances like zinc, citric acid, and potassium from the blood and then increase their concentration up to 600 times. Carcinogens that are also present in blood get more concentrated as well. A carcinogen is any substance that is an agent directly involved in causing cancer. Carcinogens may increase the risk of cancer by altering cellular metabolism or damaging DNA directly in cells, which interferes with biological processes, and induces the uncontrolled, malignant division, ultimately leading to the formation of tumors. Instead of keeping these concentrated carcinogens in our body, it is better to get rid of them. This could be achieved with good old sex.